Electrical surges can happen in your home for many reasons. They can result from electric motors switching on and off, static electricity, lightning strikes or the electric company switching from one utility to another; these surges can damage your more sensitive systems due to the sudden changes in voltage. Some signs you might have had a power surge in your home are:
Some signs you might have had a power surge in your home are:
- Your microwave lost its preset timings.
- Your computer has faulty output, data loss, or total circuit failure.
- Any audio/visual equipment’s transistors have been damaged.
If you think this might be the case you might want to invest in surge protectors. An electrical surge protector is a receptacle that you use to sense high voltage surges and absorb them, protecting anything that is plugged into it. Surge protectors can come in the form of multi-outlet strips, plug-in adapters, and permanent receptacles. If you aren’t sure what your electrical problem is, feel free to give us a call at (888) 817-2455
ElectricQuest is open 24/7 and we offer FREE service calls with all repairs!
Hernando (352) 270-3119
Pasco (727) 437-0674
Pinellas & Hillsborough (813) 261-4784
16640 Bachmann Ave.
Hudson, Fl 34667