Fire departments respond to thousands of home fires annually and often times it is an electrical problem that caused the fire and destruction. So many homeowners don’t think when they do simple things like run extension cords, plug multiple appliances into one outlet and even have tamper resistant outlets if small children are around.
Our licensed Florida electricians have helped many homeowners with their electrical needs. Some of our tips to avoiding an electrical fire include:
- Replace or repair damaged electrical wiring
- Avoid long term use of extension cords
- Avoid running extension cords across doorways or under carpets
- Don’t overload an outlet. Plus only one high wattage plug into an outlet at a time
- Check your ground fault circuit interrupters – do you have these in your kitchen, laundry room and bathroom(s)?
- Protect electrical outlets by installing arc-fault circuit interrupters
- If you have a small children in your home consider protecting your children by using tamper resistant receptacles
To totally protect your home it’s a great idea to have a licensed electrician inspect your wiring especially if you have done some enhancements to your home, you have new appliances you have plugged in or need ideas on how to get rid of your extension cord and creating a permanent electrical solution. Call us today at 888-817-2455
Check the BBB as well!
Call ElectricQuest Today!
Hernando (352) 270-3119 – Pasco (727) 437-0674
Pinellas & Hillsborough (813) 261-4784
(c) ElectricQuest Inc.16640 Bachmann Ave. Unit #1
Hudson, Fl. 34667